CBC WAS THE MANUFACTURER OF CHOICE FOR
THE WORLD’S FIRST AVIATION HANGAR
TO ACHIEVE LEED ® PLATINUM CERTIFICATION
Builder: Shook Building Systems Architect: J.R. Miller & Associates
Our Hangar 25 project was the first LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) Platinum-rated aviation maintenance hangar to receive the U.S. Green Building Council’s highest rating. Hangar 25 is one of the most sustainable, if not the most sustainable, MRO facilities in the world.
How did our CBC Building obtain its LEED rating?
Hangar 25’s platinum rating was achieved through a variety of sustainable design features
- Exterior lighting power density 54% lower than ASHRAE 90.1
- Standard Water Efficiency
- 61% less indoor water use than a code-compliant building
- 51% less landscape water use than a typical building
Materials and Resources:
- 77% of the Construction/Demolition waste was recycled
- 35% of the value of the construction materials came from recycled content materials
- 48% of the construction materials were locally harvested and manufactured
Indoor Environmental Quality:
- Over 95% of regularly occupied spaces were day lit
- Achieved 14 of 15 IEQ points
PV Array and Energy:
- Building will produce 110% of its total energy needs with on-site solar
- Owner will purchase RECs for 70% of buildings hypothetical grid electricity demand
- Building will produce over 400,000 kWh per year of clean, distributed renewable energy
- Airplane process loads will be powered by solar charging carts, avoiding jet fuel consumption and improving air quality
Other Notable Features:
- Sustainable polished concrete floor lacking toxic epoxy finish
- State of the Art Hi-Fog fire suppression system using a reduced amount of water to suppress fire, rather than a toxic foam system or water suppression system using considerable amounts of water
- (7) Seven “Big Ass Fans” for cooling the building in warm weather and circulating warm air in cooler temperatures
Why should CBC be your manufacturer of choice for your next project?
Advances in steel construction have enabled today’s steel buildings to be completely customizable. Your CBC building will be custom designed and engineered to achieve optimal efficiency, accommodating specialized layouts, and virtually any type and size door system. With a steel building from CBC, you can rest assured that your aircraft isn’t just stored, it’s protected.
CBC is prepared to meet all of your aviation storage and maintenance building needs. Among the many building types and designs are those featuring wall-to-wall, column-free, clear span interiors, which offer flexible space usage for any aircraft size.
With our industry leading design and production schedules, you can be confident that the transition of your building concept to owner occupancy is greatly reduced. Our Staff’s extensive experience, ingenuity, and imagination will help bring your most challenging design concepts to reality; within budget and schedule. We are eager to meet the challenges of your next project.
Discover why CBC should be your first choice when choosing a metal building manufacturer. CBC can help you meet your aviation requirements without sacrificing quality, value, sustainability, and service.